composition begins with an inner core made of special "plumbago" graphite
particles, selected as the core or carrier for reasons of malleability and flexibility.
Each core particle of micron sized Thuslick is
carefully encapsulated by a proprietary siliconized process of PDMS provided by Dow
Corning. PDMS is one of the most water resistant substances in the world and thus provides
Thuslick with a slippery surface tension free ability to coat the well bore and
drill bit and therefore reduces torque and drag which in turn increases WOB.
The patented surface coating technology applied to
each micronized particle of Thuslick is one of the important KEYS to reducing torque
and drag, and its ability to PTP - Protect The Payzone.
Another KEY to the success of this 21st century
technology is Thuslick's ability to squeeze together into what science calls CCP -
Cubic Close Packing. This important CCP characteristic of Thuslick occurs in the
well bore due to the carefully selected particle size range from 3 to 70 microns. And last
but surely not least, each particle of Thuslick starts with a core made from a very
flexible or malleable graphite called Plumbago. This natural and flexible core of each
particle of Thuslick, is able to squeeze together as solid particles and act like a
"film" that is not affected by heat up to 500° C.
Thuslick is a combination of KEY ideas applied
to each and every particle and due to the combination of these ideas, Thuslick has
reached a high level of success. If anyone of these KEY combinations were left out of the
manufacturing process of Thuslick it would be like leaving out the microchip or hard
drive from a computer.
- Helps protect the payzone from formation damage.
- Is a 100% environmentally safe drilling mud additive.
- Enhances directional drilling and Diamond and PDC bits can
be used in water based muds.
- Minimizes rotary torque and optimizes rates of penetration
and effective weight on bit.
- Minimizes casing and tubular wear and reduces seepage
- Lowers HP-HT and is totally inert.
- Has excellent lubricity in water and oil based muds and
enhances lift-off in completion operations.
- Eliminates de-foamers and optimizes solids separation.
- Minimizes dilution requirements and mechanically stabilizes
- Repels water and is 100% safe/non-toxic.
- Thuslick is the only patented micronized silconized
encapsulated Plumbago available for the drilling industry.